The Maw

Join the Ultimate Halo forum. Explore the inner depths of the Halo Megastructure, and realize your true potential as the savior of humanity

HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

New Artist is Here!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo

Male
Number of posts : 1181
Registration date : 2007-07-29

PostSubject: New Artist is Here!!!   Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:11 am

guess what, i have finally gotten enough inspiration to make arty things (sigs and Banners specifically, I'll probably be no good at banners though) and i have the means to do so! so I'll put a few things here and see what you guys think.

this is my first one. its not very good lol. really basic. don't really know how to do very much on photoshop also don't have much to work with.

and here is another. these ones are quick and easy, took me a few minutes.

hey I'm using Adobe Photoshop CS3, and would like some help as to how dose one make two colored Text? or if its possible to do the glowy thing thats on the banner?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Afthotstreak719
San 'Shyuum
San 'Shyuum

Male
Number of posts : 2211
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: New Artist is Here!!!   Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:55 pm

i can probably help you with the text thing and as for the sigs.. they are ok. like you said kind of basic so they are a little plain. try putting on a border or maybe adding a few more layers. the text is ok but me i would probably make it a bit smaller. i can help you with some of the stuff if you want. just well im not sure when you will be awake and i am considering we are on completely different time zones but if you want to try i can help you through msn or aol.

oh one thing i do like how the sigs are very clean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Artist is Here!!!   Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:12 pm

i put in the Large text cause there wasn't much to the text. i have more to try and I'm gonna try a Banner at some point.

you could PM me like a set of instructions that might be easier. then i can PM back with any problems i have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Afthotstreak719
San 'Shyuum
San 'Shyuum

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Artist is Here!!!   Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:17 pm

ok sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Artist is Here!!!   Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:55 pm

i tried to put a border in and failed those sigs are about as good as its getting unless i use some other better quality pictures and some images with transparent backgrounds and stuff. i done a rather good looking one for my dad for another forum but it had a really nice picture and stuff.

i like how simple mine are and i might use this one i have here. two color text or effects text type stuff would help it look a bit better though. I'm gonna try and make something with marines for me though. might be able to use part of that diorama thing for it, you know the "believe" ad stuff. see if i can get a good one of marines. I'll also see if i can make a banner from the stuff too, i got a few pictures, though i think i need more.

something tells me I'll get better when i unlock this dam programs secrets one day Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Afthotstreak719
San 'Shyuum
San 'Shyuum

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Artist is Here!!!   Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:09 pm

lol you will. just play around with photoshop and read some tutorials then you should get better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Artist is Here!!!   Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:04 am

i have made myself a sig which i shall use as long as I'm playing the RPG. you shall see it as the sig i am using for all my posts. and I'm unsure if the following image would be suitable for the Banner comp, if banners are still wanted.

the words "The Maw" should probably be bigger but i thought it would wreak the picture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Afthotstreak719
San 'Shyuum
San 'Shyuum

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Artist is Here!!!   Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:44 pm

not bad. try to make the words blend in with the picture though then just put a slight outline so lyou can see it .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Artist is Here!!!   Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:18 pm

i think that the background i have used for the picture might be a little complex to blend it to. sure there is probably an easy blending tool, and I'll accidentally find it some time, but there is far too many colours in the background. if the background was more one color or something then that blending thing would work i reckon. we probably need more opinions on this than just us Razz . even though i don't think blending will turn out very good, I'll do a test one to see what i can do.

i thing i should definitely do is make the Text "The Maw" bigger i was thinking if i started that bit of text roughly the back end of the tank i wouldn't block any vital image parts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AvidWriter117
Gravemind
Gravemind

Male
Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: New Artist is Here!!!   Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:24 pm

ORDINATOR wrote:
i think that the background i have used for the picture might be a little complex to blend it to. sure there is probably an easy blending tool, and I'll accidentally find it some time, but there is far too many colours in the background. if the background was more one color or something then that blending thing would work i reckon. we probably need more opinions on this than just us Razz . even though i don't think blending will turn out very good, I'll do a test one to see what i can do.

i thing i should definitely do is make the Text "The Maw" bigger i was thinking if i started that bit of text roughly the back end of the tank i wouldn't block any vital image parts.

Ord, you should try to actually edit the picture further than simply coloring it. Try to add some filters, or cut the figures out of it and give it a cool background. I'm not master, but you gotta try and make them...unique.

Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Artist is Here!!!   Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:29 am

i've been practicing with stuff on another site, so yeah i can give your sig a go, though I'm unsure about how I'm gonna get the picture.

Spartan-020 if you want a sig could you post the details in the request thing and if you have any preferred images, or images you want me to use get them to me if possible. oh Avid you could probably do the same too.

Edit: ok Avid i have your half done (got bored) just need details of what type of text you want and any effects to go with it (and if you want whatever changes made to it), a preview is in the Sig Request Thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Artist is Here!!!   Today at 1:05 am

Back to top Go down

New Artist is Here!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1